American Australian Association
The University of Queensland (UQ) has partnered with the American Australian Association to provide fellowships for advanced research and study in Australia. UQ provides two fellowships each year: one to support an American to undertake research at UQ, and another to support a UQ student or graduate to undertake research in the USA.
The fellowships are valued at up to $40,000 each, and are intended to support part of the costs of one year of research or study. Applicants may apply for a fellowship in any field of study.
Information for Australian applicants
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia, and either be a current student or an alum of UQ.
- Applicants must be accepted into a program either to complete research or study at the graduate level in the USA.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply to research or study at one of UQ’s partner institutions in the USA.
- Click here for further information for Australian applicants.
Information for American applicants
- Applicants must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must either be accepted for full-time graduate study at UQ, or be offered a visiting academic or researcher position.
- All qualified applications will be considered. Researchers or students at UQ’s partner institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Click here for further information for American applicants.
An online application and further details on how to apply for these fellowships can be found on the American Australian Association website.